Meet the New Master of Your Modular Synth Rig
With paraphonic playability and an impressive 90 modular patch points, the Moog Matriarch semi-modular analog synthesizer is a sound-design powerhouse. On its own, Matriarch packs everything players love about Moog — rich oscillators, dual ladder filters, powerful arpeggiation and sequencing, and even stereo analog delay. And once you begin exploring its patch points with your modular synth environment, it’s soon apparent that the Matriarch offers a lifetime of creative potential. Complete with a delightfully responsive 49-key Fatar keybed (with patchable velocity and aftertouch), the Moog Matriarch paraphonic analog synthesizer is the perfect way to establish — or expand — your own custom modular synth setup.
Classic Moog architecture
With four fat analog oscillators and your choice of monophonic, duophonic, or paraphonic playability, the Matriarch starts off with a solid recipe for creative sound design. The main analog LFO features six selectable waveforms, while an additional LFO is present for even more modulation potential. Matriarch is equipped with two analog filters offering parallel (HP/LP), stereo (LP/LP), and series (HP/LP) modes for big sonic flexibility. Factor in dual analog ADSR envelopes and analog VCAs, plus an external audio input for processing other synths and drum machines, it’s clear the Matriarch packs big creative potential.
Advanced sequencer is perfect for modular creativity
Synthesists at Sweetwater are longtime fans of Moog’s built-in sequencers, and Matriarch’s takes full advantage of this synth’s paraphonic design. The 256-step sequencer supports up to four notes per step, allowing you to sequence chord progressions along with single-note patterns. Speaking of patterns, you can save up to 12 sequencer patterns for instant recall. Best of all, you can decouple the sequencer from the Matriarch’s engine, allowing you to sequence external synths while playing your Matriarch from its 49-key Fatar keybed.
- Type:Keyboard Synthesizer with Sequencer
- Number of Keys:49
- Type of Keys:Fatar Keyboard, Full Size
- Velocity Sensitive:Yes
- Other Controllers:Pitchbend, Mod wheel, Variable Glide
- Polyphony:Mono, Duo, 4-note Paraphonic
- Oscillators:4 x Analog VCO with Hard Sync; Triangle, Sawtooth, Square, Pulse
- LFO:1 x LFO
- Filter:Dual Ladder Filters; Stereo, Parallel, Series
- Envelope Generator:2 x ADSR
- Effects Types:Stereo Analog Delay; up to 700ms, MIDI sync-able, Classic-style, Ping-pong Repeats
- Arpeggiator:Order, Forward/Backward, Random
- Sequencer:256-step Sequencer, 4-notes per Step, 12 x Patterns, External Sequencing
- Audio Inputs:1 x 1/4″ (instrument)
- Audio Outputs:2 x 1/4″ (L/mono, R), 2 x 1/8″ (Eurorack L/R)
- Headphones:1 x 1/4″
- USB:1 x Type B
- MIDI I/O:In/Out/Thru
- Pedal Inputs:1 x 1/4″ (sustain), 1 x 1/4″ (expression), 1 x 1/8″ (expression CV out)
- Other I/O:90 x Patch Points
- Power Source:12V DC power supply (included)
- Weight:24 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number:MOD-MATR-01