All-maple construction for iconic sustain and treble punch
The Rickenbacker 4003S is crafted from high-grade maple. Maple is very stable, aiding in maintaining the structural integrity of the neck, which runs through the entire length of the body. The density of maple — and the neck-through design — is largely responsible for the instrument’s famous bite and growl. The thick rosewood fingerboard adds a touch of warmth and harmonic complexity, balancing out the bright high end with powerful, rich bass.
A potent sonic elixir
This potent sonic elixir is delivered through two single-coil pickups with 3-way switching, separate volume and tone controls, and push-pull vintage/modern voicing for immense tonal versatility. The 4003S’s unique body shape gives it the traditional Rickenbacker bass look and comfortable balance, whether you’re playing seated or standing. Forge your own legendary sound with the Rickenbacker 4003S bass.
Rickenbacker 4003S Electric Bass Features:
- An iconic bass immortalized by Paul McCartney and Chris Squire
- Maple body and through-neck for serious sustain and treble zing
- Thick rosewood fingerboard adds warmth and harmonic richness
- 2 single-coil pickups deliver the classic Rick bass sound
- 3-way selector with 2 tone and 2 volume controls
- Schaller Deluxe tuners are stage rugged and studio dependable